Re: Insufficient privileges (ORA-01013) "connect / as sysdba"

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:18:05 +0100

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:10:46 +0100, Frank van Bortel wrote (in article <dst98h$dmh$1_at_news4.zwoll1.ov.home.nl>):

> As the header says, I get a
> ora-01013 (Insufficient Privileges) when I do
> sqlplus /nolog
> connect / as sysdba
>
> Platform: HP-UX (itanium), 64bit, V11.23
> Oracle: 10.1.0.4.0
>
> Everything here cries "wrong group, wrong group",
> so that's what I went to the sysadmin with.
>
> There's a little history here:
> it used to work last week, on server A, in a package.
> Last weekend, the package was switched to server B.
> I already noticed the groupid was missing, that is,
> instead of seeing oalg01:algdba, I saw oalg01:647
> (numbers may be different, but are not important).
>
> So, obviously, something has gone wrong. The ownership
> was restored, according to sysadmin.
> However, I did not get it to logon without the dreaded
> ORA-01013, so finally, I asked the sysadmin to drop
> and recreate the user.
>
> Reinstalled, repatched, still ORA-01013....
> When I "id" the user, I get the correct primary
> group (algdba), so things look ok.
>
> Any thoughts, other checks I can perform before
> dropping group and user?!? What does oracle do
> behind the scenes to check the group?

How was it installed ?
What is in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/config.c ? In config.c the dba group is defined. No idea what happens when that is undefined ... In a recent 10.2.0.1 installation on AIX it was hardcoded and had a different value for the SS_DBA_GRP and SS_OPER_GRP than I defined during the install.

--
With kind regards / met vriendelijke groeten,
Ronald

http://ciber.nl
http://homepage.mac.com/ik_zelf/oracle