Re: How many Oracle9i Cluster manager required?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:35:48 -0800

India via DBMonster.com wrote:
> I would like to share one situation regarding the oracle Cluster Manager with
> you all.Hope you will come forward and do let me know the best i can do for
> it.
>

> Before I ask you the question,I would like all of you to understand my
> scenerio first.
>
> 1. We have one automated server service which has its own oracle database on
> one server and it does handle with our database which is on some other
> machine.
>
> 2.We have our own database on second server.
>
> 3. We are on the Oracle 9i
>
> Now we have total 6 server available.One of the server has that automated
> server installed with the its oracle database,another server has our database
> and 4 server are like to be as a node.
>
> Question is that can One Cluster manager handle the two different envrionment
> (Servers) database?.
>
> Or
>
> Otherwise we have to install the Automated server schemas and our own
> schemas on a single databas on same server and then single Cluster manager
> will be able to handle the both in a single database.
>
> please share your opinion onit.

It seems you don't understand RAC and what it is. Have you read the concept docs? And to be honest I've no idea to what you are referring when you write: "automated server service."

  1. What specific version and edition of Oracle are you running?
  2. On what platforms and operating systems?
  3. What storage solutions do you have available that would support clustering?
  4. What do you think a cluster manager is? -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan_at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)