Re: ora-06502 and ora-06512.

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2006 06:12:28 -0800

o wrote:
> Oracle version is 8i and OS is Solaris 9
>
> actually what i was trying to do is writing a script for adding
> partition dynamically. the objective of the script is to add a prtition
> to a table everyday. and the maxvalue will be calculated as sysdate-1
>
> thnx

Well, you answered one question -- version and os -- but not the other:  Have you looked up the error messages, and what did they say?

I failed to ask, are you getting this error when you compile the procedure, or when you run it?

As I look at your procedure:

CREATE OR REPLACE procedure add_hw_partition is P_MaxValue varchar2(30):= to_char(trunc(sysdate -1),'SYYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS');
begin
dbms_output.put_line ((to_date((||P_MaxValue||),'SYYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS','NLS_CALENDAR=GREGORIAN'))); end;

I see nothing about partitions, so I'm ASSUMING that the dbms_output is debugging code that will be replaced by the partition creation when you get the output you like.

Actually, I get a syntax error just trying to create the procedure, using the code you posted. Received on Tue Feb 14 2006 - 08:12:28 CST