Re: freelists and dba_free_space

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 14 Feb 2006 04:34:12 -0800

Thank you for the information, makes very good sense.

One other thing, what is the avg_space_freelist_blocks and num_freelist_blocks within dba_tables?

I was under the impression that some of those columns in dba_tables didn't get updated until you analyzed the table. Or in this case, ran the dbms_stats or dbms_space procedures.

Along those lines, what kind of impact does the dbms_space and *_stats procedure have on performance? Should I wait until night time processing to be running these?

Thank you again.

Ben Received on Tue Feb 14 2006 - 06:34:12 CST