Re: How can I further reduce physical read for this query short of throwing memory at it?

From: Jining Han <jining.han_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2006 20:37:01 -0800

> When you tested it, did you change the ORG_NBR and BRNC_ID bind values
> for the second execution or not?

No, I used the same literals, but both consistent gets and physical reads remain very close. Now I am not very sure any more which part of the query causes the IO: the select/where or the GROUP by? I am further confused by the high REDO size (I asked about this in another earlier posting, and so far haven't seen any convincing answers).

I am going to import these tables to a 10gR2 database, and see how things are there without any modification, then maybe put the data into a 32k block-sized tablespace, and see if IO gets reduced.

Thanks
JH Received on Mon Feb 13 2006 - 22:37:01 CST