Free Oracle Server for intranet?

From: <shumaker_at_cs.fsu.edu>
Date: 13 Feb 2006 18:03:51 -0800

Our department is loosing access to MS Server 2000. I am looking into different possibilities of replacements, Oracle being one. I know Oracle is available for free, but I'm not clear what the limitations of it are, and that's what I need clarified for me please.

It would reside in an intranet environment on a single processor machine with about 2-10 people accessing it at a given time. We would also need some sort of replacement for our DTS packages. I'm not sure of what kind of equivalent feature is available on Oracle. The DTS packages basically import CSV files and run several queries in a row before and after the CSV import, and perform some scripted transformations when importing the data.

Thanks in advance! Received on Mon Feb 13 2006 - 20:03:51 CST