Re: ODP .Net Connection Pool Problem on Web Application

From: <sdbillsfan_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2006 14:18:24 -0800

your test application doesn't really necessarily reproduce the problem since that is actually expected behavior, you could get the same results by just opening 20 connections in a loop and then ending the loop without closing them. Can you make connections again as expected if you issue a GC.Collect() ? The reason I ask is we encountered a very similar problem that wasn't in the managed datalayer but instead in the OCI layer itself. There was a critical section orphaned and we couldn't make any other connections once this happened until we restarted the parent process (bounced IIS). The problem turned out to be something involving the use of Oracle Namesserver for name resolution (refer to bug #4484336 in metalink) and the workaround was to simply use TNSNames and we haven't seen the problem since. If this isn't your exact problem I would highly recommend deploying the Microsoft Debugging Tools for Windows and then using ADPlus to take a memory snapshot to send off to Oracle Support. Received on Mon Feb 13 2006 - 16:18:24 CST