Re: Database or store to handle 30 Mb/sec and 40,000 inserts/sec

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:08:08 GMT

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:42:04 +0000, Tony Rogerson wrote:

> In life, you do not repeat a sentance back to the person you have just
> listened to in order to reply or give your opinion.

You never do?

Even if there are several other conversations going on concurrently that may involve the same person. Even if there are time delays of, perhaps days, between the parts of the conversation?

Do you never, ever, verify that your reply will be relevant to only one part of the conversation?

Do you always jump into conversations assuming your comments are relevant and any all parts of the conversation?

I bow to the amazing communication skill you have. I could not do that.

--
Hans Forbrich (CTM)
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com