Re: How can I further reduce physical read for this query short of throwing memory at it?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2006 14:00:07 -0800

Any difference if you put ORG in the recycle pool or the SALES index in the keep pool? What does v$bh say about those? The idea is to move the full table scan (assuming it is necessary) to where it won't thrash the rest of the SGA, and lower subsequent physical reads of the index because it will be kept around. Parallel read is supposed to bypass the SGA, but be sure the parallel overhead isn't making things worse.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Ever see ice sink in water?