Re: Oracle 7 downloads

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 04:59:17 GMT

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:04:28 +0000, Andy Hassall wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 03:45:26 GMT, HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net> wrote:

>>> Although Oracle still haven't updated the license terms, so it's currently
>>> illegal to run the XE beta - the license expired on the 31st of January :-)
>>
>>Wrong
>>
>>The forum (which every user is asked to join) has an official statement
>>about the true expiry date. Want more info? join the forum and read the
>>forum announcements. <g>
>
>  Ah ha, fair enough - finally got the email to allow registration for the
> forum, so the link Joel posted doesn't just die with a huge Java
> NullPointerException stack trace ;-) The actual agreement on the license page
> where you have to tick the boxes to say you're not a Cuban drugs dealer using
> Oracle to make WMDs still says January 31 2006 though.

Yup. And they ain't changing the agreeement. Beta's almost over so why bother?

Yet, in the forum announcement, they state that the announcement supercedes the agreement.

It'll all be a moot point in a few (<18) days anyway. If we keep yakking about it we'll miss the production party.

Funny thing is - most people [who bothered to register] who sign in to the forums found that the link to the XE forum was available immediately - no need to wait for the email.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com