Re: Database or store to handle 30 Mb/sec and 40,000 inserts/sec

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_sqlserverfaq.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 21:06:40 -0000

> Hmm - I couldn't find any reference to B&N in the link you provided. I did
> not explore the sub links that much - could you perhaps provide a direct
> reference to the B&N documented reference implementation ?
>
> I work with B&N, and they have some Microsoft. They have a great deal of
> Oracle. Even Microsoft's own reference material cites this -
> http://members.microsoft.com/customerevidence/Common/FileOpen.aspx?FileName=21672_Barnes_Noble_SQL2005_final.doc

Check the project technical overview here http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/projreal.mspx

Also here
http://members.microsoft.com/customerevidence/Search/EvidenceDetails.aspx?EvidenceID=10013&LanguageID=1

Also, watch the SQL 2005 launch videos - google that.

Do you want more?

--
Tony Rogerson
SQL Server MVP