Re: Database or store to handle 30 Mb/sec and 40,000 inserts/sec

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 12:16:25 -0800

Tony Rogerson wrote:

>>I agree there are people who are blind and can't see sqlserver will
>>not have the same set of features as Oracle in even a hundred years

> Does it need it? SQL Server has CLR which means it can be expanded
> infinitely.

Well - Oracle also supports CLR in the database as well. However the ability to extend a database with stored procedures etc written in CLR, Java or even a database's own data processing language does not equate to the ability to add new features to the database.

But I suspect that you knew that and are just being ornery Received on Sat Feb 11 2006 - 14:16:25 CST