Re: Database or store to handle 30 Mb/sec and 40,000 inserts/sec

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 20:02:38 +0100

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:07:51 -0000, "Tony Rogerson" <tonyrogerson_at_sqlserverfaq.com> wrote:

>I here the MS biggotry often, my take is that you should use the right tool
>for the right job and at the right cost and not blindly lead yourselves down
>alleys you can't get out of, I recall the Oracle pricing model and lock-into
>their software model.
>
>--
>Tony Rogerson
>SQL Server MVP
>http://sqlserverfaq.com - free video tutorials

I agree there are people who are blind and can't see sqlserver will not have the same set of features as Oracle in even a hundred years from now. Those people also prefer to be locked in by the Evil Empire, aka Microsoft, and show their slavery to this Empire by insisting on being rude and ignore Netiquette.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA