Re: Database or store to handle 30 Mb/sec and 40,000 inserts/sec

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_sqlserverfaq.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:49:39 -0000

> Aha. That explains why the Barnes & Noble web site insists that my
> Mozilla on Linux doesn't support cookies. I rather buy my books from
> Amazon, who have understood how to write browser-independent web apps.

Probably a bug on the website, have you done the professional thing and reported it?

Also, thats very little if anything to do with the underlying database platform; the web code / middle tier is a different business unit from the SQL team.

Instead of 'bitching' why not comment on the discussion, perhaps thats a trait from the linux community - they are just too busy bashing microsoft and feeding their egos to consider what the business wants (or needs).

--
Tony Rogerson
SQL Server MVP