Re: Oracle Install - WTF?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:08:50 -0800

ExecMan wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> This thing is very frustrating! If Oracle is going to invent an
> installer, it should work!
>
> We ran the installer, and, we selected that it should also upgrade the
> database. Now, the install instructions say that the Net Configuation
> should run before the Database Upgrade Program.
>
> Any smarter people out there than us?
>
> Thanks Everyone!

I have upgraded every version of Oracle from version 6 to 7 through 10.1 to 10.2 and the bad old days are gone. The upgrade of 9i to 10g and 10.1 to 10.2, on multiple operating systems seems flawless to me.

If you are having a problem I'd suggest you hire a local consultant to come in and do it for you ... and pay them a bit extra to let you watch and learn while they are doing it.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org