Oracle Install - WTF?

From: ExecMan <johndoe_at_mtekusa.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2006 08:35:15 -0800

Hi Everyone!

This thing is very frustrating! If Oracle is going to invent an installer, it should work!

We ran the installer, and, we selected that it should also upgrade the database. Now, the install instructions say that the Net Configuation should run before the Database Upgrade Program.

Well, the install program fails once the software is installed. It does not install the Net Configuration for us. So, why select to upgrade the database if the installer will fail? If I am missing something, please let me know.

Also, it says to reference a file called: /ora2/app/oracle/product/10g/cfgtoollogs/configToolFailedCommands to see all the failed commands. This file does not exist.

It does not give any pointers on how to run the Net Configuration, or how to get past this issue.

Any smarter people out there than us?

Thanks Everyone! Received on Fri Feb 10 2006 - 10:35:15 CST