Hidden Oracle Files during Install?

From: ExecMan <johndoe_at_mtekusa.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2006 07:00:08 -0800

Hi Everyone!

We did an Oracle 10g install of the base software. We could not get the DBUA to work, so we decided to re-install Oracle, chosing it to perform the database upgrade at the same time.

We removed the ORACLE_HOME directory and all the contents.

Now, when we run the installer we select the "Advanced Options". We give it an ORACLE_HOME which does not yet exist, since we previously deleted it.

But, when the installer does its checks, it fails on the ORACLE_HOME check stating that Oracle 10g R2 must be installed in a new Oracle home??

We do not get it, we deleted the Oracle Home.........

Is there a hidden file maybe that shows that Oracle 10g was once on this machine?

BTW: We are running AIX and Oracle 9.2.0.5.

Thanks everyone! Received on Fri Feb 10 2006 - 09:00:08 CST