Re: ORACLE on Linux - IO bottleneck

From: Fabrizio Magni <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:11:24 +0100

Eder San Millan wrote:

> Yes, weīll change to FS but I didnīt want to do it but as last
> solution.... letīs say ..... errrr.... I see it as the "easiest"
> solution .... and I wanted to find the real problem with raws ....
> maybe Iīm a bit obstinate

I'd do the same.

> No!, I havenīt!. "getbsz" says you the blocksize of the device, the
> same value with "blockdev" command as with "duimpe2fs" one (thanks
> Noons)

I checked: it is the soft block size.
Testing it gives me the file system blocksize (generally 4k) on devices containing a filesystem, 512 for raw, 1024 for NTFS and LVM.

> Ohh, I didnīt want you to waste any time ... in any case, tanks a lot

I find the topic interesting... and it helps me as well... rechecking what I really know about I/O subsystems. Good way to learn.

Regards

--
Fabrizio Magni

fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com