Re: ORACLE on Linux - IO bottleneck

From: Wyvern <edersm_at_wanadoo.es>
Date: 8 Feb 2006 23:55:09 -0800

Hello,

We have many versions of Redhat in different installations. We want to standardize all of them but not upgrading to RHAS4 but to RHAS3. About the update, you´re right, we should go to update 5.

On the other hand, we´ve got Oracle 9i 64bit compilation on release 9.2.0.5 in every 64bit linux machine with better performance and without problems running also in RHAS3 so I´m not sure SO version is the main problem in this case but the way it´s configured and "tuned".

In any case, thanks for your answer and we´ll consider in updating RHAS3 to upd.5.

Thanks again. Received on Thu Feb 09 2006 - 01:55:09 CST