Re: Oracle 9i PGA Memory

From: ianal Vista <ianal_vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 02:55:00 GMT

"Michael42" <melliott42_at_yahoo.com> wrote in news:1139447002.522044.103990 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Hello,
>
> I have an environment with Java applications with a growing number of
> connections that I'd like to determine:
>
> 1. If my PGA and session related values appropriate?

Define "appropriate" based upon which metric(s). Quantify appropriate.

> 2. What are some best practices on changing the related values for PGA
> and connections?

Do not change any value in production until you've have sufficient benchmarks to validate the results.

WRT to "connections", make sure you have enough of them & resources to handle the SQL coming thru the connections. Received on Wed Feb 08 2006 - 20:55:00 CST