Re: oracle output to excel

From: D.J. Platt <djplatt_at_cogeco.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 21:26:26 -0500

Database r via DBMonster.com wrote:
> If your tables are not that big, then with spool create text file delimited
> (kind of csv) and then open it with excel.
> You can make a script that will spool data on the daily basis
>
> If tables contain a lot of data, then spooling can significantly slowdown
> database. You can try using some third party high-speed products like
> fastreader to extract data into csv : www.wisdomforce.com
>
> Murtuja wrote:
>

>>I want daily report in Excel format.and this excel file should be
>>mailed to client.I want autoamtic process for that just like cron job.
>>
>>I am using Oracle 9i on Linux

Something like this? sends csv instead of xls but Excel can open it. Shell script is first. SQL second.

dj

---------------cut here-----------------------------
#!/bin/sh
. ~/.bash_profile
HOMEDIR=/u01/app/dataguy/Work;export HOMEDIR MAILLIST="yournames_at_youraddress ";export MAILLIST #
cd $HOMEDIR
rm -f *.csv
sqlplus rxadmin/rxadmin @ $HOMEDIR/report.sql #
/usr/bin/uuencode report.csv report.csv | mail $MAILLIST -s report.csv
SET HEADING OFF
SET PAGESIZE 0
SET FEEDBACK OFF SPOOL report.csv

SELECT 'Table,Tablespace'

   FROM DUAL; SELECT table_name,tablespace_name

   FROM user_tables;

SPOOL OFF
exit