non-unique index enforcing pk

From: tq <tomm_quinn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Feb 2006 16:31:23 -0800

Are there performance caveats on index access when enforcing a pk with a non-unique index?

I see that a query that specifies a single pk value against such a table gets an INDEX RANGE SCAN rather than an INDEX UNIQUE SCAN. But I'm wondering if it is actually more expensive in this case..? Received on Wed Feb 08 2006 - 18:31:23 CST