Re: ORA-06540: PL/SQL: compilation error

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 8 Feb 2006 09:55:46 -0800

Comments embedded.
f.fioraso_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hy,
> i have a problem with a function table.

We have a problem with your post as it doesn't include any information such as Oracle verson operating system, function code, etc.

> This function have a loop on a
> cursor, and create a "recordset". It work fine with the first 2 record,

Then use it on two-record tables. The error should go away.

> on the 3rd it send me ORA-06540 error.

06540, 00000, "PL/SQL: compilation error"

// *Cause: A pl/sql compilation error occurred.
//         However, the user generally will not see this error message.
//         Instead, there will be accompanying PLS-nnnnn error
messages.
// *Action:See accompanying PLS-nnnnn error messages. //

Obviously it 'sends' more than just this generic error you posted; it's too bad we have no idea what the rest of the error stack contains.

> Why??

I'm sorry, but my crystal ball has broken and parts are no longer available, and with the atmospheric disturbances in my area my Ouija board is not performing as well as it should. Possibly *you * could enlighten us by posting far more useful information than this post contains (read that as 'this post doesn't say anything useful'). Or, you could use your own Ouija board and divine the answer from the spirits of long dead DBAs.

> I compile this function without errors!!

And that's just peachy, however you *do* have a problem with the code and *we* can't help you solve it if you don't *post* the code so we can see what you've done. It's really that simple.

> Thanks.
> Bye

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Feb 08 2006 - 11:55:46 CST