DBMS Job not running (time change)

From: <David.E.M...._at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Feb 2006 08:24:07 -0800

I am working maintenance on a software system and I have found the cause of a bug but I am not sure of the best way to fix it. Problem is: we have 1 and only 1 dbms job scheduled to run every 60 seconds. When we change the time back (for testing or fall timechange) the job stops until the time catches up.

Any ideas on a fix?

Current fix options are:
A. Check for a bad next_date in the job when running other stored procedures that are triggered by c++ code every 10 seconds. B. Ditch the job queue and run this like other stored procdures in the 10 second c++ triggers. (what happens if this procedure hasn't finished in 60 seconds and I try to call it again???) C. Find some way to catch a time change notification in oracle (???) and fix it then.
D. Make the BDMS job queue only consider seconds when running a job. (eg. set it up to run every 59th second no matter what day or hour it is. ???)
E. Something else that I haven't thought of.

Thanks much! Received on Wed Feb 08 2006 - 10:24:07 CST