NLS_CHARACTERSET and NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET both set to UTF8 ?

From: Mariusz_MANIEK <mmilobedzki_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Feb 2006 02:08:12 -0800

Hello,
I have a problem with Oracle 9.2.0.6.0 on Unix. Is it possible to set (when database is created) both parameters: NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET as UTF-8
NLS_CHARACTERSET and UTF-8
?
Database administrator told me that when he created database with NLS_CHARACTERSET = UTF-8
then
NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET is always set to AL16UTF16 and it can not be changed to UTF-8 ?

Application which I tried to install required UFT-8 set on both NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET and NLS_CHARACTERSET

Thank you
Regards,
Mariusz /MANIEK/ Received on Wed Feb 08 2006 - 04:08:12 CST