Re: Security hole in Oracle?

From: <dmitryn_at_genesyslab.com>
Date: 7 Feb 2006 11:37:09 -0800

We probably will. At this moment we have confirmed the problem in Oracle, but, unfortunately, we don't have resources to investigate it further. The appearance is quite erratic. At some moment we received an error ORA-01031 "Insufficient privileges" during the attempt to initiate a binding (oparse API). The error kept appearing until we restarted Oracle. After that the binding was successfully initiated and then called wrong procedure (from another user) again. From my perspective, a record in SYS.AUD$ containing information that some user successfully executed the procedure that it does not have permissions to execute, already signals a serious problem in Oracle. Received on Tue Feb 07 2006 - 13:37:09 CST