Re: Installing AS10g on standalone

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:30:53 +0100

Nick wrote:
> Thanks for the response...
>
> After completing the install, I took a look at the URL's to use AS10g
> (enterprise manager, oca, etc.). They are given as strictly the
> hostname, not the full domain name. (e.g., host1:1156/oca.... not
> host1.domain:1156/oca). I'm assuming that is normal behavior, as their
> is no domain name for it to append to the hostname... and when we put
> it on the network, it will be able to resolve the appropriate URL's?

Ehhh... didn't I start with:

No, as long as it's (future) name and domain are known.

Looks like the domain wasn't (or at least the name of the machine lacked the domain - the fully qualified name should have been known and configured...).

Whether that will be resolved is entirely up to the network guys; I'd suppose they'll need to set up some alias in DNS, making sure host/port is resolved to host.domain.suffix/port. But there's always the hosts file...

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...