Re: can i delete the trace files in the bdump folder

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 7 Feb 2006 08:05:54 -0800

mjyothi_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Can i delete the trace files (not the altert log ) in the bdump folder
> when the db is running.
> I tried this out in the test systems and i did not have any problems.
> But would like to take advice before doing this on the Production
> system
>

> Thank you
> Regards
> Jyothi

Yes, but I would look through those trace files before deleting any of them. You may find issues seriously affecting your instance. Such trace files will be useful to Oracle Support in such cases.

Also do not delete the alert log; I understand in busy systems it can grow quite large. In such instances make a copy of the alert log then truncate the existing log. Keep your alert log copies for at least a month (you should regularly look through them for errors) as regularly occurring problems will most often show up here and having record of such issues will also be of benefit to Oracle Support.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Feb 07 2006 - 10:05:54 CST