Re: Oracle Databse Server Installation

From: IM <ian_at_ianmurphy.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: 7 Feb 2006 07:28:38 -0800

junior_dba wrote:
> Yes,
> It is possible if you implement Replication between two servers.
> You can find the Scripts for Replication on
>
> http://www.orafaq.com/scripts/index.htm#ADVREP

I think actually he's talking about a cluster (something with automatic failover). In this arena, Oracle's offering is called RAC (Real Application Clusters). However, I don't believe it's available prior to 9i so am not sure what you would do with your 8.1.7 database (I may be wrong in this however).

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/rac.920/a96597/toc.htm

^ That's a link to the Oracle RAC Concepts manual - probably the best place to get started.

Cheers,

Ian Received on Tue Feb 07 2006 - 09:28:38 CST