tkprof explain=user/password password exposed?

From: Rich <zuestra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 23:00:14 -0500

I'm having trouble believing this is true. With an export or import, I can use a parfile and hide my password either with the parfile or with a shell re-direct like echo password | exp userid=system or something.

With tkprof, if I want to user the explain option, no piping works, using username_at_SID and passing the password doesn't work - there is no parfile option?

There is NO WAY to hide the password of the explain argument in a tkprof command line? I'm finding this hard to believe?

Can someone show me the way?

I'm working with 9.2 on AIX 5.3

Thanks,
Rich Received on Mon Feb 06 2006 - 22:00:14 CST