Re: Oracle 9i - Oracle nameserver deprecated in favour of LDAP + proxy

From: <wink.dinkerson_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2006 19:38:56 -0800

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:37:04 +1000, HansF wrote:
>On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 15:44:18 -0800, wink.dinkerson wrote:
>> Can somebody tell me how I install the older style ' Oracle names'
>> nameserver?

>http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/network.920/a96580/...

>> I would prefer this to having to use LDAP.

>SUggest youy start reviewing your preferences so that your >expectations
>and ORacle's match when you upgrade to Oracle 10 or higher.

Thanks Hans. Basically what I want is the Oracle Names version 1 configuration. But I somehow managed to install the Internet Directory component which seems to have meant that ..\bin\name.exe did not get installed. Do I need to re-run the installation in order to get ..\bin\name.exe or is it not on the original install disks? If so, I don't remember being given the option anywhere that would result in my getting this file installed.

I'm happy to install directory services at some later date.

Regards, Received on Mon Feb 06 2006 - 21:38:56 CST