Oracle 9i - Oracle nameserver deprecated in favour of LDAP + proxy

From: <wink.dinkerson_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2006 15:44:18 -0800

Hi,

I have Oracle 9i R2. I wish to use the nameserver that was available in 8i with 9i. I read somewhere that it has been deprecated in favour of LDAP (Oracle Internet Directory) which provides an Oracle names proxy (?), but that the original <oracle_home>\bin\names.exe is still available.

Can somebody tell me how I install the older style ' Oracle names' nameserver?

I would prefer this to having to use LDAP.

Regards, Received on Mon Feb 06 2006 - 17:44:18 CST