Re: Installing AS10g on standalone

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 20:49:42 +0100

Nick wrote:
> Our admin is hesitant to put a Solaris 9 box up on the network w/o
> having AS10g installed and hardened first. I installed AS10g and
> specified the FQDN each time it asked for a hostname, although the
> machine does not have one, yet.
>
> My questions is, does the machine have to be on the network (with IP
> address and FQDN) prior to AS10g installation?
>
> TIA,
>
> /NC

No, as long as it's (future) name and domain are known. There's no need to actually be connected to the network. And your admin is to be praised, and redirected to Pete Finnigan's site for instructions how to harden and what to look for

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...