Re: Oracle Partitions & Global Indexes

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 19:26:10 +0100

dbaoracleind_at_yahoo.com schrieb:
> Thanks for the information and correcting my misconception. So the
> UPDATE GLOBAL INDEXES clause acts works like a rebuild in the sense
> that users can continue to work on ths table while this process is in
> operation ?
>
> Thanks for youe help,
>
> Sam

It depends , how your users are working, did they need the concerned index continuously,how much additional IO can you tolerate etc. In short - your index during partition maintenance ( and after ) remains valid, but partition maintenance will be longer and more expensive. In detail you might want to read at AskTom
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:7506444691029#54328002880252

Best regards

Maxim Received on Mon Feb 06 2006 - 12:26:10 CST