Re: how to install oracle in suse enterprise linux 9 with dhcp enabled

From: oracle_db2_dba <jagdip_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Feb 2006 09:17:32 -0800

thanks a lot.

i just fixed that. then I had another problem. i was getting error "unable to allocate shared memory" . i googled it and figured that out.

Now, it is giving me following error

Checking for Oracle Home incompatibilities .... Check complete. The overall result of this check is: Failed <<<< Problem: Oracle Database 10g Release 2 can only be installed in a new Oracle Home
Recommendation: Choose a new Oracle Home for installing this product.

should i uninstall oracle and how if yes? i do not want to leave that over there and install oracle in new directory just to avoid that error.

regards,
dba