ODM: Oracle9i + Veritas storage foundation 4 - Install issue

From: P <paul.hancock1_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Feb 2006 02:18:00 -0800

I am attempting to use Oracle disk Manager (ODM) in conjunction with an Oracle 9.2.0.5 database and Veritas Storage Foundation 4.0 for Oracle.

On the face of it this looks very straightforward, just adding a soft link in $ORACLE_HOME/lib. However, when I install the link as per the instructions and attempt to start the database the mount database statement hangs. Another symptom is that the checkpoint process appears to be churning away, wheras all other background processes are not doing anything.

Eventually I have to abort the startup and remove the link and not use ODM. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks in advance. Received on Sun Feb 05 2006 - 04:18:00 CST