Cannot connect to database

From: Ikke <ikke_at_hier.be>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 23:13:56 GMT

Hi everybody,

I've just installed Oracle XE on my machine, and while I can connect to the database with sqlplus, I cannot seem to tnsping the database or connect to it via code (Java).

On this machine, I am also running a free copy of ZoneLab ZoneAlarm - which is causing the problem imho.

When I shutdown ZoneAlarm completely, I can connect to the database in every way possible, but once I start ZoneAlarm again, I am unable to connect to the database like before.

ZoneAlarm is configured to let all Oracle-related programs access the local network AND act as a server on said network. Internet connections and server rights are revoked.

Does anyone recognize this problem or know of a way to solve it? I'm behind a firewall at home, so I could shutdown ZoneAlarm, but that is not an option imho.

Thanks in advance!

Ikke Received on Sat Feb 04 2006 - 17:13:56 CST