pb with Occi

From: Sylvestre <Sylvestre_at_world.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 12:24:54 +0100

Hello

My customer use an application write in C++ with OCCI interface for oracle
access, they use a connection pool of four connections and before each sql request
they connect using createconnection() method. When running a statspack report
on this db, I get a very low Execute to Parse % ratio, a very low "SQL with execution>1" it seems that the sql is not cached although they use bind variable in request.
in the top sql, i get two request wich seem to be executed at each connection, one
alter session...wich modify a lot of lns parameter, and one "select to_char(sysdate...) from dual.
I put a "after logoff" trigger on the db and get around 1500 event by minute.
User complain about a slowing of the db. So I don't know if the occi interface is well used by this app, any comment appreciated.

Thank you Received on Sat Feb 04 2006 - 05:24:54 CST