Re: Interleave factor performance impact

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 4 Feb 2006 02:39:08 -0800

eaviles94_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> I've seen that book referenced in so many plances that I placed an
> order on Amazon.
>
> Still, my original question remains unanswered. Given the interleave
> factor difference, how much impact would that have on memory intensive
> database queries? Is it negligible or is it a big deal?

It can be a big deal if your queries are CPU limited. It can be nothing if your bottleneck is instead IO. Hence the request to go through Cary's approach with 10046: it will tell you exactly what's going on and where to look for problems.

Interleave can be a big factor for cpu intensive work, be it database or anything else. Try to get a memory speed test program and do some comparative tests. Received on Sat Feb 04 2006 - 04:39:08 CST