Re: Oracle 10g RAC w/Different Time zones

From: <rodrick.brown_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2006 10:27:51 -0800

Currently we have a large array of oracle instances running on Sun hardware each server is using a different time zone becuase of how our Trading infrastructure is architected and possibly some regulations may have enforced this each server is configured in the timezone they are handling requests for ie. asia, india, nyc, etc..,

I would like to consolidate all these instances on a Oracle 10g RAC enviornment, but it seems Oracle will use what ever time zone the OS is set to? which will cause an issue if we need to failover instances in our RAC environment, Can RAC instances be configured to use local TZ enviornment setting and not the OS default? That is my issue. Received on Fri Feb 03 2006 - 12:27:51 CST