Re: Fine-grained access stuff and preventing wrong inserts/updates...

From: Martin Doherty <martin.doherty_at_undisclosed.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 12:36:17 -0500

Spendius wrote:

>Forgot to say I'm dealing with a 10g release 2 database.

Would this be a possiblity: For each table, define an updateable view with a WHERE clause that limits the rows to the context of the logged in user. Use the logon trigger to set the context variable appropriately. Grant user privileges to the views instead of the tables.

Caveat: This may be an OLD TECHNOLOGY solution, since my tech knowledge ground to a halt round about Oracle8.

Martin Received on Fri Feb 03 2006 - 11:36:17 CST