Re: Attempting to get Result as "%"

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 08:31:03 -0500

"MSWEENEY" <MSWEENEY01_at_ADELPHIA.NET> wrote in message news:1138971115.952443.4010_at_g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Thank you for your responses. I now understand the ERROR message but
> am a bit confused about the to_char command. Again, I apologize for my
> ingorance of SQL as I am just learning.
>
> Here is my SQL query (in pertinent part)
>
> SELECT POSITIONTITLE, EMPLOYEE, SUPERVISOR,
> ((NVL(SUM(BACKOUT),0)/(SUM(ON_DUTY),0))-1) AS UTILIZATION
> FROM MMS_EMPL_UTILIZATION
> GROUP BY POSITIONTITLE, EMPLOYEE, SUPERVISOR
> ORDER BY POSITIONTITLE, SUPERVISOR, EMPLOYEE
>
> Again, thank you for your assistance. Mark

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/functions181.htm

this can be found by

http://tahiti.oracle.com

search for to_char -- follow the appropriate links (version, manual, command variation, etc)

as you learn, make sure you download and make good use of the SQL and Concepts manuals and others of interest

++ mcs Received on Fri Feb 03 2006 - 07:31:03 CST