Re: Oracle 10g (release1), AIX, Pro-COBOL, Problems building sample programs

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 03 Feb 2006 09:02:27 GMT

Quilpole <vishnu_at_magicinterface.com> wrote:
> I used the ldd command (very useful), as shown in the text below. I'm
> able to see the dependencies, but all seems to be well. I did issue
> the ldd command for the other libraries mentioned under rts32_t, but
> didn't stumble across any missing files. Are there any other
> environment variable that are related to finding paths to libraries
> under AIX?
>
> The output from my test with ldd is shown below :-
>
> # echo $LIBPATH
> /apps/oracle/10g/lib32:/apps/oracle/10g/network/lib32:/usr/lib:
> /usr/lpp/cobol/lib:/usr/lpp/cobol/coblib:/lib
>
> # cd /usr/lpp/cobol
> # ldd bin/rts32_t
> bin/rts32_t needs:
> /usr/lpp/cobol/lib/libcobrts_t.2.so
> /usr/lpp/cobol/lib/libcobcrtn.2.so
> /usr/lpp/cobol/lib/libcobmisc_t.2.so
> /usr/lib/libpthreads.a(shr_comm.o)
> /usr/lib/libpthreads.a(shr_xpg5.o)
> /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o)
> /usr/lib/librtl.a(shr.o)
> /usr/lpp/cobol/lib/libcobscreen.2.so
> /unix
> /usr/lib/libcrypt.a(shr.o)

[...]

> cob -C IBMCOMP -C NESTCALL -x -t -o sample1 sample1.cob
> -L/apps/oracle/10g/lib/ /apps/oracle/10g/precomp/lib/cobsqlintf.o
> -lclntsh -lld -lm `cat /apps/oracle/10g/lib/sysliblist` -lm -lc_r
> -lpthreads
> Could not load program /usr/lpp/cobol/bin/rts32_t:
> Dependent module libcobrts_t.2.so could not be loaded.
> Could not load module libcobrts_t.2.so.
> System error: No such file or directory

Being totally ignorant of Cobol (fortunately) or this compiler in particular, I don't know how 'cob' tries to load 'rts32_t'.

But I guess it just executes it, right?

There is one more thing that could be the problem:

Does any of the executables in question (cob, rts32_t, whatever else may be called in the makefile that calls cob) have the SETUID flag set?

I ask because if a SETUID program is executed on AIX by a user OTHER THAN THE OWNER of the executable, the LIBPATH will be ignored (for security reasons).

If that is your problem, your options are the following:

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Fri Feb 03 2006 - 03:02:27 CST