Re: Interleave factor performance impact

From: ianal Vista <ianal_vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 02:56:41 GMT

eaviles94_at_yahoo.com wrote in news:1138918380.229667.316390 @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> My test Oracle database server is performing better than my production
> database server.

Quantify "better".

> I've spent much time looking at database stats and tweaking different
> things at the database level but nothing has helped.

What OS & version?
Which version of Oracle to four places?
CBO or RBO?
Are statisics current in production?
Has this performance difference always been the case? If not, what changed just before the performance got worse.

Ready, Fire, Aim methodology of performance tuning at work here.

Since you don't know exactly what is wrong, you are randomly changing things while hoping to get lucky & stumble upon the silver bullet.

I suggest that you take a single SQL query which runs noticably slower in production than on the test system, enable SQL_TRACE at level 12, run the resultant trace file thru TKPROF & then actually see where the extra time is being spent

P.S.
More than likely it is NOT the memory. Received on Thu Feb 02 2006 - 20:56:41 CST