Re: Warn on login failure

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2006 10:35:12 -0800

felipe.rivabem_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> We already have a logon audit on our server, but we wish to have more
> control for some special users, like sys, system and some application
> schemas we use.
>
> Is there a way to be warned when there´s a failed login attempt using
> these users? Failed login do nothing on the database, except for
> writing audit, so, no triggers..

<snip>

> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Luiz Felipe Rivabem

"except for writing audit"

There you go. Why not write an ON INSERT trigger on the audit table? Have the trigger shoot an email to whomever you want to monitor this. The email address could actually be a text pager, or text msg to a cell phone. Just beware that some email systems have quite a bit of latency between message initiation and final delivery. Received on Thu Feb 02 2006 - 12:35:12 CST