Re: Query performance dramatically different

From: Dusan Bolek <spambin_at_seznam.cz>
Date: 2 Feb 2006 08:15:52 -0800

When I have checked OTHER column in PLAN TABLE it is quite obvious what is happening. The good plan is sending two complicated joins to be processed in Teradata, but the bad one is sending instead of it four queries of everything in a table with no where conditions, so it is fetching all data and then is dealing with them in Oracle. Therefore it is clear WHAT went wrong, but I still do not know WHY. As I already wrote the session modifiable parameters regarding CBO are exactly the same, I have checked this by comparing side by side the event 10053 output. There is definitely no RLS used, because it is not supported in distributed environments and we're all accessing database using the same user so there couldn't be a difference in synonyms and/or links.

--
Dusan Bolek