Re: Install Oracle 8i 8.1.6 on Windows 2000 SP4

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 1 Feb 2006 13:40:42 -0800

marianomate wrote:
> I'm noticed that the customer has no more support...so...I don't know
> where can I downloads lastest patches...

If you have support, there are no patches for 816 for win2000 that I can see. Someone would have had to maintain support across the maintenance end date in order to even have a chance at convincing support to give any patches. There are some 8174 patches, but not the one you would need as far as I can tell.

> And I have one more dude...
> What is the best strategy to recreate the DB? (Oracle 8i 8.1.6 on NT
> I thought use the exp/imp Utility because I don't know if winNT and
> win2000 platforms are 100% compatible...
> If I use full export to migrate the DB, What are the things that I
> must do (recreate objects??)?
> Thank you

Google this group.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Happy Birthday to Ayn Rand, James Joyce, Pauly Shore and Rick James!