Re: RMAN problem

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 20:18:47 GMT

StefanKapitza wrote:
> DMina_at_laiki.com wrote:

>> I have found the tablespace which Oracle thinks the extra file belongs
>> to. It shows that that file is offline!.
>> The tablespace itself is ok. I can stop/start the database without any
>> problem.
>>
>> Any ideas?

> if you are shure no data is in the datafile (e.g. an full Export
> succeds)
> you might want to search this newsgroup for "offline drop" and find
> what fit's your situation.
> (Have your last good Backup in Place, just in case)
>
> regards
>
> stefan k.

In order to offline drop a datafile, I think you need to drop the tablespace first, but if the tablespace contains other legitimate files you don't want to do that. You might try recreating the controlfile without that datafile. Do a cold backup first though. I've never seen this situation before and I would definitely proceed with caution.

--
To reply by email remove "_nospam"