Re: Custom Data in a CDC table

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 11:07:47 -0800

Jim Old School wrote:
> the question is app-independent, since the CDC (Change Data Capture)
> FEATURE of Oracle is app-independent, and anyone who would provide a
> constuctive answer would know what CDC is (question is valid for 9i and
> 10g, so version not necessary. CDC did not exist in 8.x)
>
> but gee, thanks anyway for exposing your anger to the world.

Didn't see a version number: Did you?
Didn't see any reference to Streams: Did you?

Not anger. I am just hesitant to make too many assumptions about what someone is asking after I've had my coffee and am awake enough to know that important information is missing.

Go to google.com and type in "CDC" and "History Table." There are 3,230 possibilities most of them having nothing to do with Streams. Here's one of them:
http://www.dmreview.com/awards/wcs/2005/ncarolinahospital.cfm

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org