Newbie Grouping Sets, Cube Question

From: Gummy <gumbatman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 17:41:37 -0500

Hi All,

In Oracle 9, I have a table that has the following data:

      Type Level Headcount
      Hired Partner 4
      Hired Manager 2
      Hired Associate 4
      Hired Associate 4
      Hired Associate 5
      Hired Manager 5
      Terminated Manager 2
      Terminated Associate 2
      Terminated Associate 2
      Terminated Manager 1
      Begin Headcount Manager 12
      Begin Headcount Associate 15
      Begin Headcount Associate 20
      Begin Headcount Partner 30

How can I convert this data to look like this:

      Level Begin Headcount Hired Terminated Percent Terminated
      Associate 35 13 4 8.3%
      Manager 12 7 3 15.8%
      Partner 30 4  0.0%

The Percent Terminated formula is: Terminated / (Begin Headcount + Hired)

I've looked into the Cube and Rollup functions, but I don't think I fully understand them enough to do this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Received on Sun Jan 29 2006 - 16:41:37 CST